Welcome Luke Baldwin to Creative Engineers, Inc. As a mechanical technician, Luke will put his organization, problem solving, and hands-on skills to work for our varied customers. Luke has experience with mechanical, electrical, and piping systems. His background in leadership roles and customer service, coupled with his hard-working attitude will serve our customers well. Welcome Luke!
The Electrical/Automation Engineer at Creative Engineers, Inc. will be involved in a wide variety of projects at our facilities or at customer locations. We work with our customers in a very collaborative mode, designing and building systems, specifying equipment, developing detailed P&IDs and specifications, and everything else necessary to meet the needs of the project and customer.
Electrical/Automation Engineer is primarily responsible for
- Development of Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Writing and reviewing detailed specifications
- Working with vendors to specify and purchase instrumentation, PLCs, data acquisition systems, control panel devices, and other electrical items
- Designing control panels, automation systems, and electrical systems to support process automation or skid systems
- Design motor controls and specify motor control centers and other power systems under 600 VAC
- Assuring design compliance with US National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Performing commissioning and electrical troubleshooting of wiring, programming, electrical systems, pilot plants, skids, and full-scale production systems
- Performing hands-on activities such as small control panel construction, small system wiring projects, and instrument calibration
Additionally, the Electrical/Automation Engineer will have the opportunity to get involved in
- Actively participating in our Safety Program
- Marketing our services/capabilities
- Assisting in preparation of proposals for clients
- Purchasing and expediting
- Interfacing with customers and contractors
- Operating chemical systems
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or Control Engineering
- A minimum of five years related experience (especially, experience working in a chemical plant, chemical plant design, or factory automation)
- Willingness to travel approximately 25% of time to customer sites
- Highly motivated and the ability to work independently
- Allen Bradley PLC and HMI programming a plus
- National Instruments LabVIEW and DAQ experience a plus
- Professional Engineers License a plus
- Proficient with AutoCAD from Autodesk is a plus
- Ability to have a home office is a plus
In addition to daily technical and business challenges in a dynamic work environment, CEI offers a competitive salary, bonus program, exceptional medical coverage, and retirement plans.
Creative Engineers, Inc. is proud to announce the addition of Don Masteller to the CEI team! Don is a Mechanical Engineer but also has 15 years of experience with instrumentation, motor controls, electrical enclosures, and control systems. Don has over 10 years of skill and expertise in the areas of Autocad and SolidWorks. We look forward to his important contributions to projects with our diverse portfolio of customers.