- Converts vegetable oils, animal fats, waste grease and other organic materials to fuel-grade biodiesel.
- Undergoes transesterification process.
- Uses methanol as a solvent and sodium methylate (methoxide) as a catalyst. Methanol is recovered and recycled.
- Produces glycerin as a by-product.
- Typically uses a PLC (programmable-logic controller) to operate the process.
CEI has the engineering capability to design and build your biodiesel plant.
- Expert in alkali metals
- Sodium use and handling
- sodium methylate production and handling
- sodium methylate reactions including biodiesel production
- Expert in process engineering
- consulting and design engineering
- process design including P&IDs, mass and energy balances
- including biodiesel consultants
- complete plant design
- Strong project-management capability
- Instrumentation and electrical support
- in-house PLC capability
- complete automation integration of biodiesel plants and other chemical processing plants
- proper electrical classification of areas within a biodiesel plant
- design of power distribution systems
- Pilot-plant design and construction
Contact us for your process and project needs to design and build your biodiesel or sodium methylate plant.