High-temperature pressure transmitters and specialty valves and are two other key tools in Creative Engineers’ alkali metal equipment ”toolbox.”
High-Temperature Pressure Transmitters
CEI has built a capillary-filling station that allows the chemical seal and capillary attached to a high-temperature pressure transmitter to be filled with NaK (sodium-potassium alloy), a form of liquid metal that stays liquid at normal temperatures. Process temperatures as high as 1500°F (815°C) can be accommodated.
CEI has designed custom valves that are used to accurately meter liquid metals into reaction systems. These units are custom-tailored to each application. Contact CEI for additional information.
Advantages include the following:
- Direct reactor nozzle mount
- Fluid temperature control to within 1°C
- Accurate additions
- Ideal for pulse-feed systems
- Ideal for alcoholate production including sodium methylate
- No contact between reactor contents and the inside of valves or piping